Monday, October 29, 2012

Make Your Own Dole Whip!

Sorry I haven't posted in a while. When you work in a theme park occasionally it just eats your life for months or so at a time. Don't get me wrong, it's a lot of fun but sometimes your life just isn't your own.

So, to make it up to you, this post is about a delicious theme park treat you may have tried just outside the Disneyland Tiki Room. Made with Dole pineapples, this stuff is really popular and refreshing so as you can imagine there is always a line for this one hot days at Disney. It does contain extra ingredients that are not so healthy though. What I discovered recently is that I can make a comprable treat without anything but pineapple... well, and a Champion juicer.

All I had to do to make my own pineapple whip was put the blank on and push frozen pineapple through the juicer and that was it. So for breakfast I had delicious whipped pineapple and clean up was simple, everything just rinsed clean. Love the simplicity of raw foods. For added creaminess and sweetness, you can add a frozen banana but I like it just like this. Pineapple is naturally sweet so no need for sugar. I bet it would be yummy topped with raspberries and slivered almonds. For fun, and because I love chocolate, I added chocolate syrup. I just bought this Santa Cruz organic chocolate syrup. It still sugar but if you have ever as a vegan missed thick creamy hot fudge, this stuff is a great replacement. Mmm. Oh and you could also make a yummy pineapple float just swap out the blank for the screen and make some pineapple juice to add to your frozen confection. Simple and refreshing. If you don't have a juicer that will work for this, I apologize. You should consider getting one. If you can't afford the over $261. price, just keep checking places like craigslist and Ebay. It's worth it! Anyone out there know of other juicers that can do what the Champion does? I love the Omega but not sure it has the same features. Maybe a Vitamix would work?
Home made Dole Whip. Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment