Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Chocolate Chip Hummus

     I am such a nice daughter, I made a delicious (No Sugar) Cookie Dough Dip for mom's potluck, knowing I wouldn't be attending. As I said previously, me, mom and my sis are all scare performers and though we work at the same place, our scare areas are far apart. :( Anyway, this is not my own recipe. It is from my new favorite blog, Chocolate Covered Katie. Since starting my blog, I have been reading other great blogs to get inspiration and ideas and Katie's is my favorite so far. I don't want to steal so of course I must give credit where it is deserved. This dip was amazing! We served it with apple slices and graham crackers and I am told it was the talk of the terror tram. Mom even met another family of scare performers at the potluck. The mother was so happy because her daughter has an autoimmune disease and is allergic to nearly everything. So, she was very excited her daughter had an option to eat something that was both healthy and delicious.

      This recipe is mainly made with garbanzos, which is why I like to call it chocolate chip hummus, but you would never know it has garbanzos by the taste. The oats and vanilla disguise any bean flavor or texture it might otherwise have. Best part is, you can have your protein and your sweets at the same time and not feel guilty. I actually made mine with raw agave rather than dates (had no time to soak the dates) so mine did have sugar technically I also added a little extra vanilla because I love it. Personally I could have it as a meal but I'd probably eat it after a nice little salad since I like to have some raw veggies with every meal. Although dipping raw apple slices could be sufficient raw food intake. ;-) So anyway, now you're probably salivating so check out the blog: (No Sugar) Cookie Dough Dip

Btw- This is how I made it. It's a little different than her's.
Chocolate Chip Hummus
• 1 ½ cups chickpeas (1 can, drained) (250g)
• ¼ tsp salt
• ¼ tsp baking soda
• 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
• ¼ cup peanut butter 
• ¼ cup nondairy milk 
• ½ C raw agave or brown sugar
• ¼ C oats
• ½ cup chocolate chips

Add all ingredients (except for chocolate chips) to a blender or food processor, and blend until very smooth. Then stir in the chocolate chips and serve.

2 comments:

  1. Awww you're so sweet! I'm so excited y'all liked the dip!

    (Also, some of MY comments seem to be disappearing lately, too... so you're not the only one. I think spam filters are getting hungry lately :-?)

    Chocolate hugs! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for commenting on my page! I'm honored. :) Yes we did love it and we're making more today! This time with dates!

    Yep, you might be right about the spam filters. Weird.

    Can't wait to try more of your recipes! I've been creating a german chocolate cheesecake recipe which I will make for my boyfriend's b-day this weekend and I can't wait to try your recipe for the homemade coconut butter. It will save me some money too which is exciting. I'll be sure to post about it when I do.

    ReplyDelete