Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Trader Joe's Vegan 7 Layer Dip Recipe

I call this Trader Joe's Vegan 7 Layer Dip because everything came from TJ's and for the most part did not require a whole lot of effort. Here is the recipe:

1 can Trader Joe's fat-free Refried Beans
2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
olive oil

1 package TJ's soy chorizo

1 box/2 containers of Avocado's Number 1 Guacamole

1 container of TJ's Pico de Gallo Salsa

1 tub of TJ's "This Is Not A Tub of Cream Cheese, This Is a Tub of Non-Dairy Spread"
1-2 TBS lime Juice

Calamata Olives

1 chopped organic red pepper

First pour some olive oil into a pan large enough to cook your beans, add the garlic and saute until browned. Remove from heat and add the beans along with 1/2- 1cup filtered water and mix. Return to heat and cook until you reach your desired temp/consistency. Pour beans into a serving bowl. It will look pretty in a glass bowl.

Rinse pan and cook soy chorizo with a cup of water heat until water mostly boils out. Pour into bowl on top of the beans.

Next add the guacamole on top of the chorizo.

Then add the salsa.

Now mix the lemon juice together with the cream cheese. You may need to thin a little more with some water to reach a sour cream consistency then add on top of the salsa.

Take as many calamata olives as you like and slice in half. Toss in on top of the sour cream. You may also use black olives but calamata are my favorite so that's what I used. I didn't measure. I probably used about half the jar but I was eating them too. Just use as many as you think you will like.

The final layer is red pepper. You can saute them if you like but I prefer them raw. Just chop it up and toss them in and enjoy. I made this twice. Once after work at 4am which mom, sisters and I devoured quickly and once for my boyfriend. He's a meat eater and he loved it. Sorry there's no pic of the finished product. We were so tired and hungry, we just dove into the food. I'll update with a pic next time I make this. By the way, it tastes great served over a bed of lettuce or on top of TJ's organic white or blue corn tortilla chips.





No comments:

Post a Comment