Tuesday, October 30, 2012

BLT- Vegan Tofu Bacon

I handed my boyfriend this sandwich and waited to see what he thought. He took a big bite, chewed it up, paused for a bit then said: "I'd buy this."
Success!!
Vegan BLT!

We had a late night getting out of work at about 2:30am and of course in spite of the late hour we were both starving. I don't know why I had the bright idea to whip up some BLTs with tofu bacon but I'm glad I did. Hope you are too!

This is a simple sandwich:
1. Toast bread of your choice
2. Add vegan mayo of your choice. I like Veganaise.
3. Slice tomatos place on top of bread along with chopped romaine lettuce
4. Add bacon
5. Slice
6. Eat

Here's the bacon recipe:
Slice 8oz non-GMO organic firm tofu (not silken) into thin strips and set aside.
Mix 1/4 C water 1TBS liquid hickory smoke, 1 tsp organic raw agave, and approximately 1/4 tsp sea salt.

Place the strips and liquid in a pan and heat until most of the liquid boils out then add olive oil approximately 2-4TBS and fry until crisp.

*For Paleo dieters: sub shredded coconut for tofu to make something similar to bacon bits.



No comments:

Post a Comment