Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Date Butter

Ok so date butter. It's not terribly exciting, it's pretty self explanatory how you would make it. I'm going to tell ya anyway. The reason I'm writing about date butter is because I think it's a great staple for sweeting smoothies or tea if you don't mind a little sediment. It's great for spreading on bread or add a little vanilla and a pinch of salt and you've got a great caramel apple dip. I also use it in in my recipes for raw pies and sweets. I like to just make a jar of it and keep it in the fridge to use at my leisure.

Date Butter:
16 oz medjool or honey dates
enough water to cover dates

Soak the dates 30 min or more. After you soak them, pit them and put them in the blender add about 2 cups of the water you soaked them in and blend until smooth. Store in a jar in the fridge and use often.


No comments:

Post a Comment